AX.25 in the kernel

Hi,

Following quick discussion with the kernel team, this changelog entry
has appeared in the latest upload for unstable:

https://packages.qa.debian.org/l/linux/news/20190806T060012Z.html

* hamradio: Disable auto-loading as mitigation against local exploits
* hamradio: Enable most options in top-level config:
     - [arm64,ia64,mips*,riscv64,s390x,sh4,sparc64] Enable AX25, NETROM,
ROSE,
       and all possible drivers (Closes: #920651)
     - [alpha,amd64,armel] ax25: Enable AX25_DAMA_SLAVE
     - [armhf] Enable BPQETHER, BAYCOM_SER_FDX, BAYCOM_SER_HDX, BAYCOM_PAR,
       BAYCOM_EPP, YAM as modules

Two things to note here: support has been enabled on new architectures
where it wasn't enabled before. I had made a table at:

https://www.linux-ax25.org/wiki/Debian

which I guess now needs revisiting.

The modules will no longer be autoloaded when needed. This means that it
will now be necessary to load these before being able to use hamradio
packet applications.

I'm not sure yet if we can do this in a postinst script or if users will
need to manually load the modules.

At the very least though, this means that kernel support for the
protocols is going to remain and is enabled on architectures that people
are using. If we are missing it on any architectures we should file bugs
for that. I think the rpi flavor of 32-bit arm is still missing it actually.

Thanks,
Iain.