Re: Potential Ham Radio Debian Blend

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 02:35:07PM -0600, ki7mt wrote:
> I'm still a little fuzzy on the work flow with regards to using Debian
> Hams Git and git-buildpackage. Up until now, I've been using pbuilder
> to build for various distro's / versions.

For pbuilder, you run:

  git-buildpackage --builder=git-pbuilder

which will use pbuilder to build the package for the git repository you're
in. You can also do:

  ARCH=amd64 DIST=sid git-buildpackage --builder=git-pbuilder

if you want a different architecture or to build for a different Debian
release (assuming you have the chroots already created).

> I'll send a package status message out for things I'm working on, both
> relevant upstream issues and packaging ( Debian / Ubuntu ) status, as
> one of the packages is rather involved.

Sounds good.

> I'm sure I'll have a host of questions while I'm getting up to speed
> on how things work.

I and a few others hang out in #debian-hams on irc.debian.org. If you've got
lots of small questions, that might be the best place to get them resolved
quickly. My timezone is GMT and I'm usually around in the afternoons and
some evenings.

> One thing that came to mind rather quickly was, if there list of Ham
> packages / page which shows who the primary maintainer is in the group
> for each of the packages? I found the lintian pages per package, and
> the Dashboard, but I'm not clear on who is doing what.

Your best bet is to send an email to those listed as uploaders and CC the
list. I'm trying to bring about some policy for managing this better, but
haven't yet had time to work on it. Again, this is something that will need
to be done before attempting to put a Pure Blend together.

Thanks,
Iain.

--
e: irl@fsfe.org            w: iain.learmonth.me