Re: [paclink-unix] RE: compiling

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 10:30:03AM -0700, C.J. Adams-Collier KF7BMP wrote:

> Basil,
>
> It sounds like the debian-hams team needs some help maintaining the
> ax.25 packages.
>
> Apostolos,
>
> You were looking for work to do.  Would you be willing to look in to
> doing an NMU release of the ax.25 packages and keeping up to date with
> them?
>

> On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 07:41 -0700, basil@pacabunga.com wrote:
> >

> >  Hey C.J.,
> >
> > I should make a package as that would take care of the lib version
> > numbers. It's on my list.
> > Also I don't pull the ax.25 stuff from the Debian repos as they are
> > usually at least a year out of date.
> > That and the AX.25 stuff is now better organized with a wiki to
> > download tar balls and a git repo for the latest source.

Not to discourage any help, but the ax.25 upstream doesn't update all that
frequently.  If you are following Debian's STABLE release the packages are
often quite old (stable doesn't update because it's, well, stable).
If you are following TESTING they are sometimes a bit fresher.

Honestly there has not been a Debian Developer who has stepped up to do
much with the ax.25 stuff for a long time.  Right now I don't have a packet
station set up so testing the packages is not an option for me.

73,

Pat NE4PO
pouelle@debian.org