Re: Is the hamlib deb package orphaned?

http://lintian.debian.org/tags/orphaned-package-should-not-have-uploaders.html
http://lintian.debian.org/maintainer/packages@qa.debian.org.html#hamlib

> The current maintainer is "Debian QA Group <packages@qa.debian.org>"
> according to BTS[3]. Should it be set to Debian Hamradio Maintainers,
> unless someone would like to stand in for?

Hi Stephane!

yes, I have orphaned all of my packages. I will be leaving the Debian
project by the end of this year due to personal reasons (nothing
serious).

I wanted to announce this on the list lateron, but I might as well
announce it now.... I am sorry if this causes any of you trouble....

The standard procedure for this is to set the package manager to
Debian QA. Anyone can then take over the package by sending
an ITA (Intend To Adopt) to the wnpp package or doing a new upload
and change the package owner in debian/control. See for an ITA example
the bug report at http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=554097

So people... go ahead and take a look at
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=pa3aba@debian.org
feel free to adopt any of the packages listed further down in the
list, marked with an 'O' for Orphaned.

> NB: I know next to nothing to the administrativa of debian packages :-(
>
> [3] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?src=hamlib
>
> BTW, there's a new upstream version 1.2.10 available. It fixes #543465,
> and the new features will be most likely expected by users of
> gpredict,fldigi,...

It's been fun working for Debian (almost 12 years), I will
be keeping an eye on the list.

> Cheers
> --
> Stephane - F8CFE