glade3 and gtk2

Hi List,

is it possible to use glade3 (currently using 3.10.2 from unstable) with
gtk2?

In the generated .glade files there is always the following line:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <interface>
      <!-- interface-requires gtk+ 3.0 -->

I spent quite some time searching for a solution how to use glade3 with
gtk2 but did not find a solution.

If it's not possible, would it be possible to provide a glade for gtk2?
I guess some other users would also welcome that, since for example
matplotlib does not work yet with gtk3 as backend, but needs gtk2 instead.

Cheers,

Bastian

--
Bastian Venthur                                      http://venthur.de
Debian Developer                                 venthur at debian org