Re: GNOME 2.16 in Experimental

Le mercredi 29 novembre 2006 à 15:07 +0200, Tshepang Lekhonkhobe a
écrit :
> On 11/29/06, Jerome Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net> wrote:

> > >       Hi, Jerome, I would especially like you to test the experimental
> > > gnome-control-center version. It's known to be _really_ buggy ( it's the
> > > worst bug source in 2.16 AFAICS, let alone GTK+ ), and I would like
> > > users to test it and see if it's _THAT_ worse.
> > Please let me know when available (or where to take it from).
> > I'm particularly eager to see GNOME 2.16 released with Etch, if that's
> > still possible after all (officially, we are only a few days ahead,
> > right?).
>
> Etch ships with 2.14. Look at this:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-gtk-gnome/2006/11/msg00021.html
I know, I know.
But I don't know the delay Stable's release (this time Etch) will get
this time, if it's more than 6 months, GNOME 2.16 may eventually ship
with it. I'm still hoping.
Otherwise, I'll probably think about Sid, or maybe even Ubuntu...

However, keep up the good work, guys.
--
Jérôme Warnier
FLOSS Consultant