G2.2 (woody backport): nautilus - "use home as desktop" option gone from gconf-editor

Hi,

recently I have installed the woody backport from evilgeniuses.co.uk
after having used Garnome for a long time and Gentoo's Gnome briefly.

Having become used to set the "home as desktop" option in gconf-editor,
I was surprised not to find it anymore (neither in
apps/nautilus/preferences as customary nor anywhere else).

I don't think this is a Gnome thing, but rather a prob either with
Debian's packages or with the backport specifically.

Can someone shed light on the issue?
Thanks, Mario