Re: RFS: golang-github-akihirosuda-apt-transport-oci/0.0~git20240416.a7e2cf0-1

Hi Jianfeng,

I can't upload this for you, but I can review your work to make sponsoring your
work more appealing :)

A) You should get rid of the golang-github-akihirosuda-apt-transport-oci-dev
binary package, since this isn't intended to be used as a library, and only keep
the apt-transport-oci package. You can achieve this by removing the "Package:
golang-github-akihirosuda-apt-transport-oci-dev" stanza (the 2nd stanza in
d/control). Also remember to remove its .install file as well.

The only binary package remaining will be apt-transport-oci, and since this is
intended as a program rather than a library, it would be better to rename the
source package from "golang-github-akihirosuda-apt-transport-oci" to "apt-
transport-oci". I can move the Salsa repo for you if you do this.

B) Your d/apt-transport-oci.install currently installs usr-lib-apt-methods-oci
to /usr/lib/apt/methods/usr-lib-apt-methods-oci, which I don't think is what you
want.

You _could_ use dh-exec to rename the binary within the .install as suggested by
dh_install(1), but I instead think it's better to override_dh_auto_install and
copy _build/bin/usr-lib-apt-methods-oci to debian/apt-transport-
oci/usr/lib/apt/methods/oci.

C) In d/copyright, the URL to apache.org needs its protocol changed from http://
to https:// (This is due to outdated dh-make-golang in bookworm.)

D) I recommend adding a d/apt-transport-oci.docs listing the README.md, in order
to include instructions for using the package in the package itself. This will
install it to /usr/share/doc/apt-transport-oci/.

E) You may want to add a d/apt-transport-oci.examples listing "examples/*", in
order to install it in /usr/share/doc/apt-transport-oci/examples/ alongside the
README, but this is up to you.

Otherwise, everything else looks good to me!

Kind regards,
Maytham