Re: RFS: golang-google-grpc + golang-github-google-s2a-go

Jérémy Lal <kapouer@melix.org> writes:

> golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus should be deprecated in
> debian as well, and replaced by
> https://github.com/grpc-ecosystem/go-grpc-middleware
>
> First move is to report a RC-bug on that package, so it gets removed from
> testing if no one steps in.
> Second move is to start packaging go-grpc-middleware...

Yes I noticed that upstream had moved on, and exploring
go-grpc-middleware seems like the right thing to do.  That means fixing
(or deprecating) all the reverse dependencies of
golang-github-grpc-ecosystem-go-grpc-prometheus to use
go-grpc-middleware instead...  and how to handle if some of the reverse
dependencies cannot easily be fixed or deprecated?  That could stall the
effort.

I think your plan could happen in parallel with my effort to get modern
grpc into unstable by fixing the reverse dependencies in the most simple
way possible.  The plans don't necessarily conflict.

/Simon