Re: Sigstore rekor current status and request for help

On Mon, Jan 15, 2024 at 09:16:05PM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> GITHUB.COM/IN-TOTO/IN-TOTO-GOLANG
>
> Packaging is here:
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/in-toto-golang
>
> Latest build output:
> https://salsa.debian.org/jas/in-toto-golang/-/jobs/5162631
> We depend on golang-github-go-jose-go-jose-dev which provides v3.0.1 --
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/golang-github-go-jose-go-jose -- why
> isn't it picked up?

Seems symlinking go.mod does not work in spiffe. I've pushed a fix to salsa.

> GITHUB.COM/GOOGLE/TRILLIAN
>
> Packaging is here:
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/trillian/
>
> Latest build output:
> https://salsa.debian.org/jas/trillian/-/jobs/5162705
> The etcd I don't understand, the package depends on
> golang-etcd-server-dev that despite its name appears to include the
> client.  Why isn't it picked up?

What is exactly not being picked up is go.etcd.io/etcd/client/v3/concurrency
notice "concurrency". This is because the said directory is not present
in the package.

$ apt-file list golang-etcd-server-dev | grep concurrency
golang-etcd-server-dev: /usr/share/gocode/src/go.etcd.io/etcd/clientv3/concurrency/doc.go
golang-etcd-server-dev: /usr/share/gocode/src/go.etcd.io/etcd/clientv3/concurrency/election.go

> Same regarding contrib.go.opencensus.io/exporter/stackdriver, we depend
> on golang-go.opencensus-dev that seems to have it.

It can't precisely find "contrib.go.opencensus.io/exporter/stackdriver" notice "contrib".
The debian package has gopath and package name go.opencensus.io

$ apt-file list golang-go.opencensus-dev | grep stack
golang-go.opencensus-dev: /usr/share/gocode/src/go.opencensus.io/exporter/stackdriver/propagation/http.go
golang-go.opencensus-dev: /usr/share/gocode/src/go.opencensus.io/exporter/stackdriver/propagation/http_test.go

You're likely running into versioning differences w/ this and etcd both.

> Finally github.com/apache/beam seems like a huge project, I haven't
> started looking at it.  Can it be avoided somehow?
>
> GITHUB.COM/SIGSTORE/SIGSTORE
>
> Packaging is here:
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-sigstore-sigstore
>
> I believe it may be as simple as upgrading it to the latest version:
>
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/golang-github-sigstore-sigstore
>
> I haven't looked into that yet since I haven't worked out a method to
> rebuild all reverse dependencies for a package.

You can use one of these:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/ratt
https://salsa.debian.org/ruby-team/meta

If you're subscribed to the list, can I stop CC'ing you?

Best,
Nilesh