Re: Updating golang-github-checkpoint-restore-go-criu to v6

On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 11:04 PM Mathias Gibbens <gibmat@debian.org> wrote:
[...] the
upstream main branch has switched to v6. Attempting to patch runc to
use v6 in Debian seems too invasive, and I don't know how long it will
be until runc releases a version that uses v6.

Looking ta https://github.com/opencontainers/runc/commit/fbce47a6b67bad0da33ea9c17a4ade0ccd89d6cd it seems that the bulk of the diff is part of the vendor/ directory, which we would ignore for a debian patch anyways. The actual patch appears to be touching only import lines in 3 .go files of the upstream source. I must be missing something because that doesn't look invasive at all. Can you elaborate on why you feel that's not a good approach?

On a side note, I'd love to see getting golang-github-checkpoint-restore-go-criu upgraded to v6 soon. This would allow me to stop patching libpod to downgrade to v5, cf. https://salsa.debian.org/debian/libpod/-/blob/debian/sid/debian/patches/downgrade-checkpoint-restore-criu.patch

Thanks!

--
regards,
    Reinhard