Re: Access to Debian Go's Salsa group page

On  Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 18:38:14 +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 12:40:45PM +0100, Tom Parkin wrote:
> > On  Thu, Oct 12, 2023 at 15:17:11 +0530, Nilesh Patra wrote:
> Primary usecase is what defined the source package name. If it is
> supposed to be mainly a library, then the naming should be
> golang-github-foo, and foo otherwise. If it should be used as a library,
> the "source package" name also needs to be changed.

Thanks for clarifying and ack on the required fixups.

> > I'm not sure what to do for the best here.
>
> I mean, upto you. It'd probably make sense to think of what is the major
> component, or what people are more interested in consuming. If it's an
> application then I'll just rename it on salsa. Otherwise it needs other
> fixes as I stated above.

Understood.  I think on balance it probably makes sense to use the
library naming convention.  Although the current driver for Debian
packaging is making it easier for users of nm-l2tp to use kl2tpd, the
fact remains that go-l2tp as a whole is a library.  So choosing the
library package name will hopefully make things easier in the future
if/when another project has go-l2tp as a dependency.

> Ping on the list and maybe CC me when you're done. I'm a Debian
> Developer and can help with sponsoring.

Smashing, thank you -- much appreciated.

All the best,
Tom