Re: Help fixing gobgp FTBFS

On Fri, 2022-12-23 at 01:07 +0800, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 9:23 AM Mathias Gibbens <gibmat@debian.org>
> wrote:
> [...]
> >   Well, versions 3.x of gobgp still need the newer version of
> > golang-google-grpc that's stuck in experimental; there's also the
> > transition issue of golang-github-golang-protobuf-1-5-dev vs
> > golang-github-golang-protobuf-1-3-dev conflicting in the dependency
> > tree.

  Thank you for the assistance!

> I've uploaded golang-google-genproto_0.0~git20200413.b5235f6-2 and
> golang-google-grpc_1.32.0-4 for the conflict dependencies.
>
> However, to generate _grpc.pb.go file for gobgp, it needs
> protoc-gen-go-grpc >= 1.33.
>
> I've pushed to gobgp 3.9.0  to the experimental branch.

  Can you also push the commit in the "pristine-tar" branch? It doesn't
look like that made it up to salsa.

> I've temporarily disabled pb.go regeneration. I'll leave it to you to
> verify and upload.

  Is the consensus that it's OK to disable the protobuf generation for
now? If so, I'll prepare an upload of 3.9.0 to unstable.

  Somewhat tangential to this: updating gobgp to 3.x will (temporarily)
break the build of lxd, since the lxd package currently has a small
patch to work with gobgp 2.x. I know I can declare a Breaks: in
d/control for gobgp which will work with binary packages, but is there
a way to nicely do something like "Breaks: src:lxd (<< 5.0.1-3)"? I'll
update lxd immediately after updating gobgp, but would like to prevent
any transient build failures if possible.

Mathias