Re: Version and date shown in the application (ymuse)

On 22.10.22 10:08, Martin Dosch wrote:
Dear all,

ymuse [0] shows the application version and release date in the about dialogue. So far I used the upstream version there and set the date to the latest debian/changelog entry as afaik I can't access the upstream release date during the build.

I guess if you want the _Debian_ package release date, you can read that into a variable with something like $(shell dpkg-parsechangelog -S date) in debian/rules, and then do whatever is necessary to poke that into the source that it's building.

Getting the release date of the upstream tag should be feasible too, using something like `git log -1 --format=%ai <upstream_tag>`.