Seeking clarification for nscd invalidation

[Please Cc: me on replies, I am not subscribed to Debian-glibc]

Hi,

adduser still has code to invalidate nscd cache after doing changes to
the user database. I would like to get rid of this and just document
that people using nscd should use the provided hook to invalidate their
nscd cache after creating or deleting users.

I am wondering whether this is actually needed any more. The nscd source
code contains numerous calls to inotify, and
https://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man8/nscd.8.html suggests that it
actually notices changes to the passwd/group "database" files and
invalidates automatically at least since 2015. The nscd manpage in
Debian seems to have been taken from a different source. I guess it was
not updated.

Do we still need to invalidate nscd cache "manually" or will nscd cover
the basic use cases automatically?

Greetings
Marc