Re: Packages maintained by Debian GIS but not mentioned in metapackages

Hi Andreas,

Il 15/03/2013 11:03, Andreas Tille ha scritto:
Hi Antonio,

[CUT]

the task file for the remote sensing task is currently sar.
I don't know if the task file name has any relevance in the process
of metapackages generation.

The metapackage becomes: gis-sar.

If it does you should consider to rename the task file: remote
sensing is a wider scope with respect to SAR (Synthetic Aperture
Radar)

We should decide about a proper name right now because there is not yet
any debian-gis metapackage set released.  Once it is released with this
name it becomes harder to change afterwards.  I'm fine with any choice
that makes a proper (i.e. not too longish) package name.

gis-remotesensing (a little long)

or

gis-eo (for Earth Observation)

cheers