Re: requesting membership to Font Team

Jonas Smedegaard <jonas@jones.dk> writes:

> Quoting Nicholas D Steeves (2022-06-27 23:39:06)
[snip]

>> One long-term issue that could result in an actual project is this:
>> Various font packages are not cleaning up various files (at a minimum
>> /u/s/fonts/font_name/.uuid files), which of course results in a piuparts
>> failure.  Assuming there isn't a technical reason for not removing these
>> cruft files on deinstall/purge, I would like to fix the packages that
>> I've had to create exemptions for in the piuparts config section of my
>> sbuild.conf.  Please let if know whether or not this would be
>> appreciated :)
>
> Welcome aboard!

Wow that was quick!  Thank you Jonas!

>> P.S. Consulting Salsa and control files, it seems this team is called
>> Debian Fonts Task Force, but the following two wiki pages use different
>> names:
>>
>>   https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/pkg-fonts
>>   https://wiki.debian.org/Fonts
>
> Well, it is a wiki: Feel free to adjust :-)

Haha, well, it seems a bit tyrannical to do that on my first day, and
also, I don't want to do things that make me a defacto core team member.

> I honestly don't know which adjustment is the "right" one, so unless
> others chime in with more details, I'd say you just make the call.

Given Paul's reply, and to not take the prerogative to rename the team,
I'm thinking of just picking a primary one, and then mentioning the
others as "other names"/logical aliases.  This approach doesn't create
extra work for consistency--like the /great fun/ of modifying all
control files and doing an upload of all team packages ;)

Cheers,
Nicholas

P.S. 'hope you're having a great summer!