Re: IPTables extensions in Debian Stable

On Friday 12 March 2004 22:25, Juan Roco wrote:
> Thank you very much Mike, but I cannot move from stable
> distribution. Is there any way to get new extensions work in Woody?

No, you should only take the latest kernel source (2.4.25) from sid -
there is no need to update all packages to sid; this is ensured by
using the low pinning value of 90 as mentioned in
Mike's /etc/apt/preferences example.

Using this preferences file, you can install packages from sid only by
explicitly specifying apt-get install packagename/sid ...

Refer to the APT-Howto and the APT-Reference
(under /usr/share/doc/Debian/apt-howto chapter 3.8
and /usr/share/doc/Debian/reference chapter 6.2) for details.

Regards,
Klaus

--
Dipl.-Ing. Klaus Holler <gmx.at after kho@>