Re: simple iptables rules

> Renai <rlem6983@mail.usyd.edu.au> [2003-10-08 13:14]:
>
> > 2nd: Please set your line length to 70 characters per line.
>
> 78 is standard with kmail :)

well, I do not want to start a flame war ;-)

> > Can you give us an ASCII-Art of your topology with IP-Addresses?
> > This would help a lot supporting you!
>
> adsl router (internal ip 192.168.1.254)
> 	-> me (192.168.1.245)
> 	-> flatmate (192.168.1.dhcp)
> 	-> second flatmate (192.168.1.dhcp)
>
> it's that simple :)
>
> So, all I want to do is block everything to my pc except for traffic from
> 192.168.1.* - while letting my box do normal desktop stuff, web, irc, icq,
> email etc.
>
> does this help?

The issue is: packets sent to you from external are addressed to the
external ip of your adsl modem.

not completely: what's the external address? dhcp?

I would configure the firewall such that it allows only certain
services and drop the rest.

wbr,
Lukas
--
Lukas Ruf           | Wanna know anything about raw |
<http://www.lpr.ch> | IP?  <http://www.rawip.org>   |