Re: Firewall/Router on same Subnet?

	If I understand your situation you are using the same IPs for
your internal hosts that your firewall is ARPing for externally? This
would be a difficult situation to work with as the firewall machine
would need quite a bit of extra configuration/routing information to
make this even work...

	In my case I have a /29 subnet assign'd from my provider... I
have my firewall ARP or IP alias them to it's external interface (eth0)
and then it's internal interface (eth1) is given a private IP address
within 192.168.XXX/24 as are all my other hosts... As my IPs are all
static I use SNAT/DNAT liberally and works fine... And by adding the
POSTROUTING rule to the NAT policy as list'd in the NAT-HOWTO the
internal machines can still access the public services using the
external IPs without a problem...

	Respectfully,
	Jeremy