Re: MAC address and Firewall rules

On Fri, 14 Apr 2000, Michael Wood wrote:

 > Maybe you could play around with arp to "disable" the MAC
 > addresses you don't want to route?  I don't know how reliable or
 > secure it would be if you can, though.

ifconfig(8)

       hw class address
              Set  the hardware address of this interface, if the
              device driver supports this operation.  The keyword
              must  be followed by the name of the hardware class
              and the printable ASCII equivalent of the  hardware
              address.    Hardware  classes  currently  supported
              include ether (Ethernet), ax25 (AMPR AX.25), ARCnet
              and netrom (AMPR NET/ROM).

--
[-]
kazmer at any cost ! ++ Minek olvasol linux-kezdot ha nem birod ? - sstu