Re: Problems with ICQ over ipchains NAT?

On Tue, 11 Jan 2000 15:00:00 -0800, David Bebout - Data Engines, Inc. wrote:

>The ICQ masquerading module will probably help.  I'm supporting a private
>network of about 20 ICQ users, and their ICQ clients aren't even configured
>as behind a firewall; it's completely transparent.
>http://members.xoom.com/djsf/masq-icq/

Thanks for suggesting this; I was ware of this module but hesitating to use it
since the only advantage of using it seemed to me that users from outside can
initiate connections to users inside my LAN -- and this is a feature I don't
really need. I also didn't want to weaken my firewall -- which using the
module might do.

Is there any other advantage that could convince me of using it? Does it
really make ICQ more stable, compared to just using plain ipchains NAT?

Thanks.

--
Sign the EU petition against SPAM:          L I N U X       .~.
http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/        The  Choice      /V\