Regular use of software translated into "Esperanto"?

Hello folks,

I know not much about Esperanto, only what I can read at Wikipedia.

I'm member of the upstream maintenance team of "Back In Time" [1][2]. Currently the project do partly offer Esperanto [3]. Because of ressourrces and maintainability I think about removing that language from the project. You might helping me understanding some points about Esperanto.

I wonder if Esperanto speaking people do use there software that way? I know that Debian offers Esperanto. Do you know about how many users this are?

Please correct me if I'm wrong here. To my knowledge Esperanto is a foreign (not mother tongue) language to the most people even the Esperanto speakers them self. But some do grew up with Esperanto and it is their mother tongue language. But it keeps their secondary mother tongue language. They grew up in countries where Esperanto isn't the primary language. Is there any country where it is primary language?

Am I right so far?

So I wonder if it make sense to translate the GUI of a software into Esperanto.

From a technological point of view: In most cases (except the Esperanto Debian users) the system language isn't Esperanto? So Esperanto isn't selected by default when installing a software. You have to explicit choose that in the settings of a specific software. Right?

Of course from the cultural and political perspective it make sense as a "statement". It could be compared to translate software into minority (e.g. Native American languages) or "forgotten" languages. But my project don't have the resources for "statements".

Hope you can clear up some of that.

Kind
Christian

[1] -- <https://github.com/bit-team/backintime>