Re: SBC Installation

On 03/28/2010 10:24 PM, Abdul Rahman Riza wrote:
Dear All,

I am trying it now. Its my first experience using sbc board.

I feel I am lost now... Normally if we want to install GNU/Linux in
desktop or  laptop we can use ISO CD or Flash USB for booting and start
the installation. Then we can set the partition of harddisk to format
where we can put the GNU/Linux OS.

Here I found TS 7800 has already preinstalled OS from manufacturer.
Should we format it if we want to install emdebian.

Riza

I recommend to use external usb flash drive(or SD card) or compile nfs-root-enabled kernel and boot the box over network, because nand memory "glued" on-board have finite number of write cycles. And of course it will be much easier for you to develop.

just like:

# i skip cross compilation stuff
${cc} code.c -o code
cp code ~/ts7800_nfs_root/root/

and than you can execute app over serial or ssh:
root@ts-7800:~/ ./code &
i'm running %)

p.s. to make rootfs you need tool like debootstrap
and maybe you should watch for emdebian-rootfs.

--
Aleksandr