Re: RSVP - Intent to maintain org-mode's Debian package?

Sébastien Delafond <seb@debian.org> writes:

> I unfortunately do not have the available spare time required to
> properly take care of org-mode and org-mode-doc: my last update was
> circa 2020 IIRC, and the team's taken care of all the uploads in the
> past 3 years so I wasn't aware my lack of involvement was raising
> questions or issues. Is there anything I can do to make things
> easier/clearer for you? I just noticed I'm still listed in the Uploaders
> field, is that maybe the issue? I'd be happy to remove that.

Hello Sébastien,

Thank you for such a quick reply, and I hope that your circumstances are
inspiring-busy rather than stressful-busy!  Our team had trouble
tracking under-maintained packages the last release cycle, org-mode fell
through the cracks, and the recent CVEs reminded me to finally check-in
with you about the package.  Sorry if this came across as pushy and all
at once.

Yes, thank you, please update Uploaders for org-mode and org-mode docs
if you're not reviewing the package, and don't worry because at least
two of us are willing to take responsibility for it :)

Debian Emacsen also has a couple of new members, so if you'd like to
divest yourself of any other packages now would be a great time to email
the team with a list of them.

Best,
Nicholas