Re: xemacs*-mule* add-on package problem

On June 17, 2003 at 4:27PM -0400,
James LewisMoss <dres@debian.org> wrote:

> 1) Have the xemacs mule binaries call emacsen-install with the value
>    xemacs21-mule and use a dir /usr/share/xemacs21-mule/site-lisp.
> 2) Have the xemacs non-mule binaries call emacsen-install with the
>    value xemacs21-nomule and use a dir
>    /usr/share/xemacs21-nomule/site-lisp.
> 3) Have both packages call emacsen-install with xemacs21 using
>    /usr/share/xemacs21/site-lisp.
>
> Then those packages in their respective groups could compile for
> whichever set of the three is most appropriate.

I feel that using multiple flavors in a single emacsen is
complicated.

Currently, the flavor is used when setting load-path in
emacsen-startup.  Some packages refer to
/usr/share/${FLAVOR}/site-lisp/ANOTHER-PACKAGE in
emacsen-install.  They are based on a single flavor in a single
emacsen.

How about using xemacs21-nomule flavor instead of xemacs21 flavor
in the packages xemacs21-nomule and xemacs21-gnome-nomule?

--
Tatsuya Kinoshita