Re: Getting started with DebianEdu

Hi Dashamir,

On Sun, Oct 23, 2022 at 12:31:16PM +0200, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:
> I have published a screen recording that shows how to get started with
> DebianEdu:
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbHrmBl7d20

\o/, nice!

> Please let me know your objections. Is it too long? Is it boring? Is it low
> quality of recording? Is the explanation not clear and confusing? Is it
> useless?

these are quite some many questions ;) I can definitly answer the first one
for me, 1:22h is too long ;-D

And then, for the next questions, I guess I'm not the right audience.
(Though honestly, the length made me stop it after a minute :/

I definitly dont think it's useless! I definitly think there's an audience
for tutorial videos about Debian Edu, i just know -edu well & don't like
video tutorials cause I prefer to read stuff, so I stopped watching as I did. (:/)

That said, I think it would help, if you'd start the video with a short
intro and split it into severals:

- hi, I'm Dashamir (some bits about you, why you are doing this, something like this
  - and this can be really short, like 5s)
- this is a short series about Debian Edu, showing $this and $that (or whatever
  you do in the video(s) ;)
- in this video, part X of Y, i will show you in 10-15min (or less) $this_aspect.
  (if splitting into shorter topics makes sense..)

Thanks for sharing and for testing Debian Edu like this! 👍

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

We need to learn to live with cholera. What is the alternative? Breaking up
all streets, building drainage with toilets in every building? (@tadeas_)