Re: [Proposal-manual] About keyboard layout when installation.

Hi hoxp18,

On Tue, May 14, 2019 at 06:12:23PM +0900, hoxp18 wrote:
> Section and/or Current
> =======================
>
> "Choose a keyboard keymap (the country's default is usually fine)."
>
> Proposal
> --------
>
> "Choose a keyboard keymap (the country's default is usually fine).
> Note: Even if you're installing in English text mode,
>       choose your keyboard layout properly (e.g. "Japanese"),
>       or you'll suffer with typing some special characters
>       such like "-", "_", etc."

While this is true, I'm a bit undecided. Expert users would know what to
do. In most cases a language specific GUI is wanted on the installed
system as well. So your proposal applies only to a very specific
installation for skilled users.

> Background
>
> Especially, Japanese keyboard layout differs from US layout.

This applies also for other countries/keyboards.

> AND, the manual says in "Updating the software" section,
>
> "It is also a good idea to upgrade using the C locale
>  to get English output ..."

Yes, because we assume language specific installations.

Wolfgang