Re: About "chroot" term ja translation.

Dear Wolfgang Schweer,

On 5/9/19 11:44 PM, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
On Thu, May 09, 2019 at 11:08:10PM +0900, hoxp18 wrote:
* IMHO, Japanese version should have explicit separation
   between "chroot" as a command
       and "chroot" as a part of filesystem.

* It seems many Japanese techs uses "chroot環境" for the latter,

   "環境" = "environment" >= "filesystem".

   IMHO, it sounds natural as a Japanese expression.

In the manual the term is used in this context.
   + "chrootファイルシステム" = "chroot filesystem" is too long,

   + "chroot監獄" = "chroot jail" is used by security tech people
      but ("jail") sounds not proper for Debian Edu, I guess.

Yes, 'jail' is definitely wrong for the LTSP chroot.

* So I'm adding "環境".

   e.g.) ja_term("LTSP chroot") -> ja_term("LTSP chroot環境")

sounds ok (seems to be LTSP chroot environment).

Thank you, in English the ja term I use may look like it.

* As a command, "chroot" is "chroot", of course.

Yes, but as command it only occurs as 'ltsp-chroot' in the manual.
Wolfgang

Ack.

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll keep weblating,
since DRAM testing cycle is still continues...

Regards.