Re: [manual-trans] Qustion about "first user" expressions.

Dear Wolfgang Schweer

On 5/9/19 6:16 PM, Wolfgang Schweer wrote:
Hi hoxp18,

On Thu, May 09, 2019 at 05:55:17PM +0900, hoxp18 wrote:
I want to ask a question about "first user".

In the manual,

* It is a "first" user account in the main server installation.

Yes, that's the user account you are also prompted for on a vanilla
Debian installation.
* "first user" is special account; not "root" itself, though sudoable.

Yes.

* "first user" name is not mentioned.

The account depends on your decision at installation time.

Q1: "first user" should be "a unique noun"?

No, see above.

Okay, I got it.

Q2: Should it be translated, or left as "first user" just like "root"?

Please translate it and then use this term througout in the manual.
(My new hardware is still under DRAM check; I have no Edu env yet.)
Good luck.

Wolfgang

Ack. Thank you for telling quickly.

Have a nice day.