Re: Enforce the user of Kerberos for password checking?

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 01:09:26AM +0200, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:

> At the moment the LDAP server in Squeeze is set up to allow all users
> to check their password using LDAP bind, but without enforcing
> encrypted connections.  This can cause the password to be sent in
> clear text over the net.
>
> I'm not sure how to to change the slapd configuration to enforce
> encryption via ldap://, while allowing ldapi:// to connect without
> encryption.  The latter is required to get Kerberos working.

[...]

> Are there better ways to do this?

I currently can't test, but perhaps we can increase the ssf to the old
value again. This will block all connections from ldapi://. To again
allow these local connections we need to set the ssf manually, as
described in:
<URL:http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-technical/200906/msg00109.html>

>From the slapd.conf man page:

localSSF <SSF>
    Specifies the Security Strength Factor (SSF) to be given local
    LDAP sessions, such as those to the ldapi:// listener. For a
    description of SSF values, see sasl-secprops's minssf option
    description. The default is 71.

Regards,

	Andi