Re: samba passwords not updating

On 30 March 2010 16:48, Philipp Huebner <debalance@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 30.03.2010 04:27, Nigel Barker wrote:
>> When a user changes password on Linux, the change is not reflected in
>> samba, where the old password still works.
>> What do I have to do to update the samba pw, and can I make it automatic?
>> (Tjener is lenny)
>
> you / the user(s) probably did not use LWAT for changing the password,
> right?
>
> Using passwd or similar approches only updates the Linux password, while
> LWAT updates both the Linux and the Samba password.

Then I suspect they have used the KDE password changer in settings/security/
Would that make sense?
Last time I upgraded tjener, I archived all the kids' work and gave
them fresh accounts. This time I didn't, which means many of them
don't have the keys icon on their desktop. (I presume the keys icon is
lwat?)

Thanks Philipp

nigel