Re: have thin clients had their day?

2009/12/7 Philipp Hübner <debalance@debian.org>:
> I have set up a lenny ltspserver with KDE4 more than half a year ago.
> It has 3.5 GB RAM and 20 Clients are connected.
> Everything runs really fast and smooth thanks to shared libraries in the
> RAM of the server. I have never seen iceweasel or openoffice start up in
> a fracture of a second on any other system.

Hi Philipp,

on your server do you think 20 kids could simultaneously do functions
and filters on the top 500 spreadsheet, while reading questions from
kpdf and probably still have moodle open (in iceweasel)?

Do you think KDE4 works better or worse than 3.5 for thin clients?

I tried sidux with kde4 on a netbook recently, and hooked it into
skolelinux using your instructions. When a skolelinux user logs in,
there is a migration wizard for KDE. How did you get around that? Are
all your computers now KDE4?

cheers
nigel