Re: have thin clients had their day?

Hi,

not really responding on whether thin clients are becoming less useful
today... (I think there are still very valuable use cases for them, but
anyway.)

On Montag, 7. Dezember 2009, Nigel Barker wrote:
> I hope that diskless workstations will become an easy option. I know
> you are currently working on it, and thank you for that!

Very easy: you install an ltsp server, for example
tjener+thin-clientserver+workstation. You connect a diskless machine to the
10.0.2.x network, boot it, choose "diskless workstation" in the pxe menu, and
there you have a diskless workstation running.

I think that machine will boot diskless workstation on the next boot
automatically - but I need to confirm this first :-)

On the 192.168.0 network the machines will boot as thin clients per default -
maybe we should change this to diskless workstations per default?

regards,
	Holger