Re: samba groupmaps on sarge

Hi Ronny,

thanks for your reply.

Am Freitag 16 November 2007 schrieb Ronny Aasen:
> since you have samba on sarge, wont the groupmaps be working as they
> allways did ? how are you noticing that they are not present ?

Well, I don't see any groups when browsing the domain from a windows
machine. And on tjener, net group list all (or sim.) doesn't give any
groups. net groupmap list doesn't list any groups either. I doubt that
these commands link to valid ldap commands.

> and i guess that any debian edu with sufficiently recent samba server
> with ldap integration should be able to make the groupmaps in the
> ldap if needed using the net groupmap command.

I tried so - in vain. Error 5 IIRC.

Regards
Ralf