RE: [Devel] printer accounting

> If you mean just accounting - counting the pages based on
> user, then there is a crude mechanism where CUPS prints a log
> to /var/log/cups/page.log. However, that file is all. You
> will have to parse it and make reports. Not a big job, but
> nobody has done it yet.

Somebody has done it :)
I've found this nice script for parsing the log file.
It reports the quite good stats per user/printer/time.

GPL license

http://iversendata.no/skolelinux/PrintAnalyzer.pl.txt

I'm also using a very simple script to count the num lines in the logfile,
and report the number to MRTG.

The problem with this, for my part, is that many of the printjobs comes from
windows (SMB|RAW printing), so the logfile reports all jobs as one page
only.

Sven Tore Iversen