dpkg sets SIGHUP to SIG_IGN

Hi,

at BSP Essen, we are currently investigating Bug #692295 [1].

The problem is that CouchDB, an erlang service, expects SIGHUP to issue a
clean shutdown. This is what the start/stop script sends to the process.

When the start script is run by dpkg after package installation, it gets
dpkg's SigIgn mask inherited, and this includes ignoring SIGHUP. Erlang
itself does not provide a mechanism to control signals (sigh ...).

The question is can we somehow prevent dpkg from setting SIGHUP to SIG_IGN
for the child process?

Cheers,
Nik