Re: [SCM] dpkg's main repository branch, master, updated. 1.15.8.10-272-g58e7276

Hi,

On Mon, 31 Jan 2011, Guillem Jover wrote:
> This was actually intended, but as it's a functionality change it should
> have been in a separate commit, or at least explicitly documented in the
> commit message. :/ The reasoning is (as hinted on the last paragraph of
> the 58e7276b commit message) that packages w/o an Architecture field
> should still be supported, but that does not imply we have to accept
> them by default. So in that sense --force-architecture implies it's
> still supported, but not blessed as a conforming package at this point
> in time, as this should really only happen with either ancient packages,
> or current bogusly built ones.
>
> So if you don't mind I'll be reverting 13637ddf and document this
> properly.

Ok, please update the test-suite as well to match.

I should have waited until I knew your original intent but as it was
interfering with the rebased branch pu/multiarch/master that I wanted to
work on I tried to make the right guess. No luck. :-(

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog ◈ Debian Developer

                      ▶ http://RaphaelHertzog.fr (Français)