Re: initialize package database, etc.

To continue my story, I am having problem with fakeroot now.

Background info first: I have dpkg-dev (as .rpm), debhelper, dh-make
and fakeroot (all as .deb) installed on my redhat 7.0 box.
They were all built on RH7.0 with no problem and I can use them to build
.deb packages flawlessly as REAL root. However, with fakeroot,
the building process failed as follows:

$ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
dpkg-buildpackage: source package is dh-make
dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 0.21
dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Craig Small <csmall@debian.org>
dpkg-buildpackage: build architecture is i386
 fakeroot debian/rules clean
make: *** user_access: seteuid: Operation not permitted.  Stop.

It seems to be related to 'make' only, because other commands
behaves fine with fakeroot.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Listed below are the version info for relevant tools:

$ rpm -q dpkg
dpkg-1.9.6-static_1

$ dpkg -l
ii  debhelper      3.0.41         helper programs for debian/rules
ii  dh-make        0.21           Debianizing Tool for debhelper
ii  fakeroot       0.4.4-4.1      Gives a fake root environment.