Re: Inclusion of recommendations after an upgrade in the Release Notes?

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 02:18:54AM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> We added a list of "removed" packages in the previous release notes (how
> was it generated?) but I don't believe it mentioned these tips.

I attempted to generate that list and included it in an early draft of the
release notes, however when I discussed this with some other developers it was
decided that it was more useful to provide instructions on finding the obsolete
packages on the user's system rather than providing a large and unwieldly list
in the release notes.

Similarly the list of dummy packages that you produced that could later be
removed might be superfluous if we provide instructions on how this can be
resolved for the user's individual system.

If the general consensus is that a list of removed/renamed etc... packages is
useful I will include it however it requires a significant amount of work and
the list will only be finalised once frozen and the RC bug count is 0 (since no
more packages will be removed due to bugs).

Cheers,

Rob
--
Rob Bradford