Re: Debian documentation

[Sorry for replying to myself]

On Fri, Jun 21, 2002 at 11:59:44AM +0200, David Schmitt wrote:
> > Currently we have to have an entry for each language a document is
> > translated to... I think we should start a doc-base-enhancing
> > project =D.
>
> Indeed!

Time is pressing, so I only took a quick glance over the source: The
Problem is not only doc-base, but also (at least) dhelp, which also is
language-agnostic.

Because of the way the doc-base data is structured, I think that
doc-base should take a similar approach as debconf, expanding the field
names with a language-suffix. This would perhaps add the possibility to
hijack the mergetemplate stuff from debconf and the ddtp infrastructure.

Regards, David

--
Signaturen sind wie Frauen. Man findet selten eine Vernuenftige.
	-- gesehen in at.linux