Re: finally end single-person maintainership

On Wed, 10 Apr 2024 22:44:25 +0200, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu>
wrote:
>'Require' is probably the wrong word.  I simply have heard from several
>potential young contributors that they feel blocked by the tooling and
>specifically not everything in Git.

That does not only apply to young contributors. I am an old fart and I
still shy back from packages where I need to familiarize myself with
an uncommon packaging toolchain.

>> then pull them,
>> maybe into different branches,
>
>git-buildpackage maintains two or three branches:  The main packaging
>branch and an upstream branch.  The pristine-tar branch is optional (but
>default in the teams I'm working in)

And not (any more?) default in the tools, thus easily forgotten.

Greetings
MArc
Rhein-Neckar, DE   |     Beginning of Wisdom "     |
Nordisch by Nature | Lt. Worf, TNG "Rightful Heir" | Fon: *49 6224 1600402