Re: finally end single-person maintainership (Was: becoming a debian member under a not-real name)

On Sat, Apr 06, 2024 at 06:32:47PM +0200, Bastian Germann wrote:
> Am 06.04.24 um 18:29 schrieb Colin Watson:
> > There might be some small errors in this, but I couldn't see any when
> > eyeballing the resulting uniquified list of Maintainer fields.  It looks
> > like 78% of source packages in unstable are team-maintained, which can't
> > reasonably be called an "exception".
>
> https://trends.debian.net/#co-maintenance is the best ressource that I know
> for this sort of stuff. Thanks to Lucas Nussbaum by the way for creating
> this service!

Thanks.  Unfortunately this undercounts team maintenance very
significantly (by at least 4000) as a result of
https://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/MailingListContinuation.  Given the
timing of that change compared to the sudden increase in co-maintained
packages on that graph, I suspect they're mostly being misfiled as
co-maintained.

I've filed https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/merge_requests/497
to fix this, but even after that's accepted and uploaded, I'm not sure
how long it would take to trickle through to UDD; I presume old figures
would never be corrected.

There's still a discrepancy of several thousand compared to the numbers
I found, so I've probably missed something else similar.

--
Colin Watson (he/him)                              [cjwatson@debian.org]