Re: Policy: should libraries depend on services (daemons) that they can speak to?

On 2024-01-08 09:57:16 +0100 (+0100), Dylan Aïssi wrote:
[...]
> Please don't do that. At least one pipewire module depends on libpulse0
> (libpipewire-module-pulse-tunnel from the libpipewire-0.3-modules package).
> But, pulseaudio is useless in this case that means it will be unnecessarily
> pulled.

Worse than useless, pipewire-audio declares a conflict with the
pulseaudio (daemon) package since 0.3.60-1 (so including bookworm).
I've already encountered a third-party package that declares a
depends on pulseaudio and is uninstallable for that reason, or would
require uninstalling the pipewire audio stack at least.
--
Jeremy Stanley