Re: snapshot.d.o has been in a bad state for several months

On Wed, Aug 09, 2023 at 08:31:09AM +0200, Bjørn Mork wrote:
> "Theodore Ts'o" <tytso@mit.edu> writes:
>
> > I was curious about this, since I rely on snapshots.debian.org in
> > order to create repeatable builds for a file system test appliance, so
> > I started digging a bit.  Looking at the debian-bugs pseudo-package
> > "snapshot.debian.org":
> >
> > https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?package=snapshot.debian.org
> >
> > the maintainer is listed as:
> >
> > 	"snapshot.debian.org Team <debian-snapshot@lists.debian.org>"
> >
> > But according to lists.debian.org, "debian-shaphots" is a dead list,
>
> "debian-shaphots" != "debian-shapshot" :-)
>
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-snapshot/

Ah, I see.  I was looking for the mailing list under:

    https://lists.debian.org/devel.html

and that seems to where the old debian-snapshots list.  I guess at
some point ten years ago that list was killed, and debian-snapshot was
created under:

   https://lists.debian.org/misc.html

BTW, it also looks like not only are some snapshots not being taken,
some of the snapshots are missing packages.   For example:

   https://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20230806T091912Z/

is missing the package libc-dev-bin, and:

   https://snapshot.debian.org/archive/debian/20230807T150823Z/

is missing the package dbus.  Which is something that I'm finding when
I try building an kvm-xfstests VM using:

    https://github.com/tytso/xfstests-bld/blob/master/test-appliance/gen-image

Ah, well, I guess I'll try the snapshot for 20230805T151946Z next....

	    	    	       	       - Ted