Re: 64-bit time_t transition for 32-bit archs: a proposal

Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org> writes:

> I'm afraid the problem with INN is worse than the history and overview
> databases.  The on-disk CNFS header contains time_t, so if you're using
> CNFS as your spool storage, the whole article spool becomes unreadable.

Oh, wait!  No, I'm wrong, CNFS actually does something smart and encodes
the header in ASCII when writing it to disk.

Okay, phew, this isn't going to be nearly as bad as I had thought.  I
still have to check if some of the more obscure storage formats are
affected, but most INN installations will just need to rebuild history and
overview.