Re: How does one package a multirepo project?

Quoting Pirate Praveen (2020-10-19 12:01:47)
> On 2020, ഒക്‌ടോബർ 19 12:45:28 PM IST, Julien Puydt
> <julien.puydt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >I was trying to update the ipywidgets package. It once had a quite
> >normal upstream, but then things went wild, if not stellar : they
> >went monorepo.
> >So basically my question is the one in the mail subject : how does
> >one package a multirepo project?
> >

> Look at node-rollup-plugin-* packages. The source packages will have a
> lot of duplication. I think uscan should provide an option to include
> only specific directories when repacking to make handling monorepos
> easier.

To strip upstream content completely from Debian redistribution, use
Files-Excluded-foo: in topmost section of debian/copyright - see
jsbundle-web-interfaces for an example of that.

To strip upstream content from entering the Debian git while still
getting redistributed - notably to avoid upstream git hints from messing
with a different use of git in Debian - use git-buildpackage and its
--filter option.  Again, jsbundle-web-interfaces is an example of that.

 - Jonas