Re: Lenovo and forced labor [was: Re: Lenovo discount portal update (and a few other things)]

On Thu, Sep 03, 2020 at 10:47:06AM +0200, Tomas Pospisek wrote:
> I think before jumping on this offer, one should consider this:
> https://www.aspi.org.au/report/uyghurs-sale
The list of brands from the article: Abercrombie & Fitch, Acer, Adidas,
Alstom, Amazon, Apple, ASUS, BAIC Motor, BMW, Bombardier, Bosch, BYD,
Calvin Klein, Candy, Carter’s, Cerruti 1881, Changan Automobile, Cisco,
CRRC, Dell, Electrolux, Fila, Founder Group, GAC Group (automobiles), Gap,
Geely Auto, General Motors, Google, Goertek, H&M, Haier, Hart Schaffner
Marx, Hisense, Hitachi, HP, HTC, Huawei, iFlyTek, Jack & Jones, Jaguar,
Japan Display Inc., L.L.Bean, Lacoste, Land Rover, Lenovo, LG, Li-Ning,
Mayor, Meizu, Mercedes-Benz, MG, Microsoft, Mitsubishi, Mitsumi, Nike,
Nintendo, Nokia, Oculus, Oppo, Panasonic, Polo Ralph Lauren, Puma, Roewe,
SAIC Motor, Samsung, SGMW, Sharp, Siemens, Skechers, Sony, TDK, Tommy
Hilfiger, Toshiba, Tsinghua Tongfang, Uniqlo, Victoria’s Secret, Vivo,
Volkswagen, Xiaomi, Zara, Zegna, ZTE.

So it looks like this is not specific to Lenovo or laptops (just like the
"I'm not sure there are alternatives" part).

--
WBR, wRAR