Re: Heads up: persistent journal has been enabled in systemd

On Thu, Feb 6, 2020 at 11:03 AM Matthias Klumpp <matthias@tenstral.net> wrote:

> >From personal experience, all that's needed to switch to the journal
> for an admin is to re-learn a couple of commands and be open to a bit
> of change. I so far found nothing that I could do with rsyslog to be
> impossible with the journal.

Additionally you don't have to guess where logs are being sent for a
particular service:

systemd: journalctl --since=-1h -u puppet

non-systemd: grep puppet /var/log/*
though that is inefficient and would possibly miss some data or give
false positives.

-m