Re: Help needed: conflicting interests between Salsa admins and Salsa users (Re: Git Packaging Round 2: When to Salsa)

On Mon, 06 Jan 2020, Sam Hartman wrote:

>     Alexander> For everything else: we are working on it.
>
> I just want to confirm that part of the things that you are working on
> is documenting the issues.  At a number of points you've talked about
> how people are misunderstanding the issues or are thinking it's simply
> more CPU etc.
>
> That's all doubtless true.
> But part of being in a community is communicating with that community.
> People would almost certainly be more understanding if they had more
> information.
just for the record, I am doing all of this in my spare time and I prefer to
decide on my own what is in my queue and what the priority is. And yes, I do
prefer to fix things instead of documenting what needs to get fixed.

And if everyone would behave sane instead of st* flame wars, insulting each
other and so on (it was a listmaster month to forget) my motivation to work
with that specific community would be a lot better.

And for everyones sake: when announcing CI support we told everyone that the
ressources are limited and everyone should play nice with the CI.

As often, other people decided to make the CI and the runners a quasi
standard, adding it to their workflows and so on. Now everyone is surprised
if things are as we always told everybody. What a surprise.

Thanks for listening.

Alex